Prof. Gamal Nashed is interested in theories of gravity. In recent years much of
his research has focussed on modifications of general relativity which may help explain cosmic acceleration in lieu of dark energy. He has been particularly interested in relatively little studied f(T) theories of gravity. As there exists a 'teleparallel' equivalent to general relativity involving torsion instead of curvature as the main geometric object describing gravity. In this context, f(T) theories are genralisations of torsion based gravity theory in the same sense that the more familiar f(R) theories involve generalisations of general relativity curvature when the principal geometric object is the curvature of space time.
- Selected Publications
- Kerr-Newman solution in modified teleparallel theory of gravity” Gamal G.L. Nashed '' IJMPD'' 24 (2015) , 1550007-1--1550007-14. DOI : 10.1142/S0218271815500078
- “A Built-in Inflation in the f(T)-Cosmology ” G. G. L. Nashed and W. El Hanafy “Eur. Phys. J. C (2014) 74:3099. DOI:10.1140/epjc/s10052-014-3099-5.
- Spherically Symmetric Solution in (1+4)-Dimensional Gravity Theories” Gamal G.L. Nashed “Adv. High Energy Phys Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 830109, 8 pages.
- “Exact homogenous anisotropic solution in f(T) gravity theory” Gamal G.L. Nashed “ Eur. Phys. J. Plus 129 (2014), 188”.
- “Charged axially-symmetric solution in f(T) gravity theory” Gamal G.L. Nashed “ Indian Journal of Physics” vol. Volume 89 (2015), 91.
- “Exact axially symmetric solution in f(T) gravity theory” Gamal G.L. Nashed “ Adv. High Energy Phys” Volume 2014 (2014), Article ID 857936, 9 pages
- “Total conserved charges of Kerr-Newman-AdS spacetime” Gamal G. L. Nashed, “ Eur. Phys. J Plus 129” (2014), 2 .
- “Schwarzschild-dS solution in modified teleparallel gravity theories” Gamal G. L. Nashed, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 83 (2014) 044003 (4 pages).